New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi Everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Default Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to say hello to fellow Camry Jedi out there. Inherited an '02 LE that's still going strong at 203K. Driving her on the interstate to and from work everday totaling about 50+ miles and trying to take care of it. Had the oil changed recently & went w/ the Pennzoil Synthetic High Mileage & it def. feels smoother. Put some Sumitomo tires (used to make Dunlop brands) on it about 1,200 miles ago & they ride quite well, especially on the interstate. Considering getting some winter tires at least on the front since she doesn't seem to handle the snow too well, just from my experience it in the past in snow. Also threw some STP High Mileage injector cleaner in it a couple days ago and it seems to be smoothing out the idle a little bit, even though I still have a quarter tank left.

In the future I plan to unfog the headlights. I hear conflicting info on whether a tranny flush is wise or not. Some say it will unclog deposit chunks that could give it a "coronary", so I haven't done so yet, but with this many miles I feel like something like that should done eventually, right? Would also like to change the spark plugs since they probably have not been changed in about a decade or more.
Anyway, look forward to soaking up Camry love & wisdom from the forum.

On we ride....

-Camreeee

Old 11-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF.

For headlights see below.

https://www.camryforums.com/forum/de...es-2665/page3/

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sh...eadlight-Help!

Don't "flush" the trans just change all the fluid. There are videos on how to use the trans own oil pump to move out the fluid, then refill and repeat until fluid is clear.

Old 11-23-2019, 01:00 PM

Thanks Toyomoho! Going to watch some YT videos on changing the spark plugs. Those are more overdue than anything else I can think of.