New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

How to tell if 07 Camry is early production or late?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Default How to tell if 07 Camry is early production or late?

Hello all,

I am new here. Registered because I will be doing some work on a friend's '07 Camry. I have previous mechanical experience with plenty of cars. However, when I went to order parts for a brake job, I found that there are parts for '07 Camrys made BEFORE 10/07 and Camrys made after 10/07. Normally, August would be the break in model years, meaning anything after 08/07 *should* be an '08. As I am not familiar with Toyotas, I figured I would ask before I order.

I know the VIN, but that only gives me the year - unless somebody knows approximate dates for given build numbers. I tried to check the sticker on the driver's door, but there is no date I can see (unless it's coded). I tried to google it, but all I can find are ads and other useless junk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Check for a sticker on the drivers side of the door.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Check for a sticker on the drivers side of the door.
That was the first place I checked. No date listed that I could see - again, unless it's in code.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Toyota must have eliminated the date from the sticker. It did have month/yr stated. Have you looked in the owners papers?

As such can't help on exact date have some thoughts.

Try asking at the Toyotanation website in the appropriate forum, a LOT more members. Call or visit a dealers parts department, the parts person should be able to figure it from the VIN number. Call the seller, they might state they list what info the manufacturer gives them but the part fits all build dates for that year.

Toyota may have made production changes to parts but aftermarket parts tend to be one size fits all cars in that year for Toyota. Never heard of needing the build date. The dealer will ask as this is the way the parts system is set up.

Aftermarket parts can have specific listings such as for Japan cars, USA cars, after this date, to that date, etc. but when checking part numbers for the year after or before in the same generation of car (of course based on specific model and engine, etc) they are the same. It is just how the specific manufacturer listed their parts. Other manufacturers of the same part don't get into these details.

The 2007-11 was the 6th generation.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM

the code is still there. my car has it. mine looks like 03/10 or whatever your production date is in the upper left hand corner of the sticker. there is also a sticker under the trunk carpet that might have it.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
The 2007-11 was the 6th generation.
Well, his is the new body style... so I'm guessing that means it HAS to be after 10/07. I think he's confused about when he bought it. I had forgotten that Japanese manufacturers are truer to calendar years. I have been close to buying an MR2 on two occasions.

Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Old 03-30-2012, 02:51 AM

That's weird it should be on the sticker...