New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

my 1990 camry no spark help please

Old 03-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Default my 1990 camry no spark help please

i have been messing with this darn car for a month now and still no luck it just died on me one day while idling started a couple of times after but just dies. I checked for spark and nothing, i am getting fuel but no spark (will your car die while running if there is a spark problem) I have replaced the whole distributer coil and ignitor , it seems i am getting proper voltage into my coil there are two wires that come from the igniter and go into the top of my coil (this is an external coil) one of the wires is white one is black when the key is in the on positon the white wire reads 12 volts and the black wire reads nothing. someone told me that bolth of those wires need to have 12 volts to the coil or will not send any spark out of the coil to the distributer, i also heard that the white should have 12 volts but the black is a negative and shouldent read any voltage DO ANY OF YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE WIRES DO EXACTLY. some one said to cut the black wire and hook it directly to a 12 volt power source and try to see if i get spark.