New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Need help with installing rear bench seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 03:54 PM
Default Need help with installing rear bench seat

Hello all, just joined because I can't find the information I need to reinstall my back seat on a 2023 Camry. I removed it to install new seat covers and I didn't pay close attention to how it came out. I've looked on you tube and other websites without success. It appears your forums mostly have information on older Toyotas; however, I hope someone can direct me to where I can get help.
Thank you,
Mike Corriher
New Bern, NC
252-639-0952

Old 10-13-2023, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Expand your search years. Your generation of Camry is from 2018 to present. YouTube has videos for 2002 to 2018.

If no luck try Toyotanation.com in the appropriate year Camry section.

Old 10-18-2023, 10:49 AM
Default Rear Bench Seat

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Expand your search years. Your generation of Camry is from 2018 to present. YouTube has videos for 2002 to 2018.

If no luck try Toyotanation.com in the appropriate year Camry section.
Thank you sir; however, I'm trying to understand how the back of the bench seat attaches to the floor board. There are black metal brackets with two bolts on each side and I'm not sure if they bolt to the floor board first and
the seat slides under it or how it fits on the seat first. I can't find any videos that address that. I can provide pictures if that helps.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Old 10-19-2023, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

How far did you take the seat apart?

Are you inquiring about installing the seat covers or the seats?

If the seat is non-folding:

The upper seat one piece cushion engages hooks or such at the top of the seat (the seat slides down onto hooks, etc). Look at the top of the seat and chassis to see how the upper part of the attaches to the chassis. There are not bolts holding the top of seat to the chassis.

One can then position the lower part of the seat such that the 4 lower metal brackets are pushed down against the chassis and can be bolted to the floor. When removing the rear seat upper seat part comes out last so it installs first.

If the upper seat cushion has a center fold down arm this is then installed. Unless you took this unit apart it should slide in between the upper seat and its housing bolt onto the chassis via 2 nuts installed from the trunk. Its a fold down arm rest held by a plastic box that folds up into that box. The box bolts to the chassis.

Along the way install the seat belts into their guides on the seat and head rests.

The lower seat cushion installs by positioning the rear of the cushion under the upper seat cushion then engaging "hooks" at the front of the seat that push down into slots in the chassis. Look for slots in the chassis where the hooks slide into. There are no bolts holding the lower seat cushion in place.

Old 10-24-2023, 08:00 PM
Default Rear Bench Seat

Originally Posted by toyomoho
How far did you take the seat apart?

Are you inquiring about installing the seat covers or the seats?

If the seat is non-folding:

The upper seat one piece cushion engages hooks or such at the top of the seat (the seat slides down onto hooks, etc). Look at the top of the seat and chassis to see how the upper part of the attaches to the chassis. There are not bolts holding the top of seat to the chassis.

One can then position the lower part of the seat such that the 4 lower metal brackets are pushed down against the chassis and can be bolted to the floor. When removing the rear seat upper seat part comes out last so it installs first.

If the upper seat cushion has a center fold down arm this is then installed. Unless you took this unit apart it should slide in between the upper seat and its housing bolt onto the chassis via 2 nuts installed from the trunk. Its a fold down arm rest held by a plastic box that folds up into that box. The box bolts to the chassis.

Along the way install the seat belts into their guides on the seat and head rests.

The lower seat cushion installs by positioning the rear of the cushion under the upper seat cushion then engaging "hooks" at the front of the seat that push down into slots in the chassis. Look for slots in the chassis where the hooks slide into. There are no bolts holding the lower seat cushion in place.
Thank you, your explanation helped me better understand how to install the lower seat cushion. I was able to get it back together today. Take care and have a blessed week.