New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

new guy from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Default new guy from Canada

hello everyone ! i am new here and i just signed up, thank you all in advance for welcoming me. its a pleasure to interact and learn new things and share ideas with everyone here.

a little about myself, i live in Canada, moved to Hamilton recently, my name is Duke, and i am 23 years old. 2007 december i bought my first ever car which ive been saving up for, for a while. im proud to say i got myself a Toyota Camry. my car is a 1996 red Toyota Camry DX, a 2-door version. i bought it for only $2600 Cnd, [plus admin fees, plus tax] and it had around 2,36,500 kms on the odometer. last night i clicked it to 2,39,000kms.

i understand camry's are very strong and reliable cars, ive heard from many people. and i am hoping my high mileage will not adversely affect me n e time soon, as i wish to keep this car for atleast, the next 4-5 years to come. ive done an oil change 2 months ago, i used the Pennzoil 5W-30 High Mileage Vehicle motor oil. and thinking of the Mobil 1 5W-50 Synthetic for the next time.

So far, the car is really good to me, its a smooth ride and has a VERY VERY clean interior [which really impressed me wen i went to buy it] - so i guess, the last owner mustve taken good care of it. it has a mint looking body, newly painted from the looks of it...no dents ! but just 2 minor rusts [bubbles] on the 2 sides where the front windshield meets the roof...... other than that....so far so good.

so any tips or critiques are welcome, cause i am still new to cars and car parts and servicings. so any one has any opinion on high mileage vehicles like mine, i would love to hear from you. and for my peace of mind, any one with experience [preferably good] with high mileage camry's, please tell me.
PS: i wanna change my air filter, so can n e one please tell me how to change the air filter on a 96 Camry??? thanx

so....i'll be around, and interact more. thank you very much for having me here.

Duke

Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Default RE: new guy from Canada

WELCOME ABOARD FROM los angeles!!!!