New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Power Window/Door Lock Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 07:52 PM
Default Power Window/Door Lock Problem

I recently purchased a 1993 Camry LE 2.2 L. I have searched the forums and found similar problems, but not exactly the same. None of my power windows or power door locks works. Also, neither of my front speakers work. I have checked all of the fuses and nothing is blown. From other threads, I am guessing it may be broken wires, but it seems weird that it is all of these things. What is the easiest way to check the wires in this area. I have the door panel off currently so I can check any other areas that may be common for breaks if anyone has a suggestion. Or if there is anything else I am missing, I am open to suggestions.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

The 100A Alt fuse, 40A Main fuse, 30A power fuse and 10A gauge fuse supply power to the power main relay to serve the door locks and windows.

If you have the door panel off start by checked for +12V power at the blue wires to drivers side door lock/window switch when the ign key is On.

Old 02-27-2021, 05:30 PM

Toyomoho, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I checked the 100A alt fuse this morning and it is good. The 10A gauge fuse supply power to the power main relay is good also. I believe the 30A power fuse you are referring to is below the driver's side lower panel, which I found yesterday. It was good. I am not sure if the 40A Main fuse is in that same location. If it is, what is the easiest way to get to it? There's the air duct vent that covers this part of the fuse block and I had a hard time getting to the 30A fuse. There is no +12V power at the blue wires to drivers side door lock/window switch when the ign key is On. I see the power main relay is on the back of junction block No. 1. Should I check this as well? If so, it looks like I can access one bolt easily enough, but the other bolt is behind the air duct. Any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2021, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Before you take things further apart check for +12v at the white/blue and red/blue wires going to the door lock/window module. Theses should be constantly powered ign key on or off.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:16 PM

I checked today for +12v @ the wires you suggested, but there is no power. We went to the junkyard this weekend for a few misc things, and I was able to see how to take the air duct off to access the 40A Main fuse. I checked out okay. Somewhere along the line, we discovered today, the passenger side door lock works. Also, we used a wire from the battery to the drivers side window and it works when the master switch is bypassed.

Old 03-01-2021, 04:21 PM

Also when the ign key is on there is power at the light green and solid green wires, but those are the only 2.

Old 03-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

With ign key OFF. Check for 12v+ at every wiring going to the master control and post back what has power and wire colors.

Do the same for the ign key to on and ACC.

The master control of course is many switches as in for windows, locks, etc which makes diagnoses challenging, more so.by internet.

The white/black wires go to chassis ground. Check that they have continuity to the chassis.

Old 03-03-2021, 04:53 PM

I had read quite a few posts about broken wires in the boot between the door panel, so I took mine off and found about six wires broken. It looks like that solved almost everything. One of the broken wires was the pink wire that goes to the speaker, but it didn't solve the front speaker problem. They still don't work. Any idea on this?

Old 03-03-2021, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

The boot wire breakage issue is common but 6 wires is lot.

Toyota has several radio options. How many speakers does the car have, 4, 6, 8?

Does the radio have a remote amp? Amp might be under the passengers seat. Look for a box.