New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Wal Wart Super Tech 5W20 Full Synthetic Oil

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Default Wal Wart Super Tech 5W20 Full Synthetic Oil

Would it be wise / alright to change to the Wal Mart Super Tech Full Synthetic? I have an 06 Toyota Camry LE (4 cylinder, 5 speed automatic) I am also on the "Tires for Life" program. Must have 3000 miles service done at our dealership.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wal Wart Super Tech 5W20 Full Synthetic Oil

Never used this oil personally, it does get good reviews by others who still suggest changing the oil every 3-5K miles. The oil should meet the specs ratings as stated in the owner’s manual but check the container to confirm this. The weight range is right per the manual. There are various opinions as to what oil company actually makes the oil, most likely this rotates.

Have read a few posts on "Tires for Life" but don't fully understand the program. Is this tire rotation only or complete car service at 3K?

Old 04-26-2008, 05:46 PM

"Tires for Life" program. You must have all 3K maintenance service done at the dealership you bought your Toyota. When yourtires treadreach 4/32" Toyota will put new tires on. Midstate Toyota in Asheboro put new75K Yokohama on my Camry. They didn't cost me a dime.

The only thing I did have to pay for was the all wheel alignment.Toyota will continue to replace your tires as long as you are the owner of thatvehicle and you have ALL the 3k maintenance services done.

Now, If you decided you wanted Michelin at $150 a tire and the Yokohama were $120. You would pay the difference. What's that $30 a tire= $120. you pay the difthe firsttime only.Toyota will continue to put the Michelins on.Once again no cost to you.

Lord willingIgoing to try to keepour Camry LE for 20 yrs. I have already changed to a K & Nair filter. I personally clean reoilit every 12K.

What I love about our 06 Camry is I can fillup about 2 miles from here and I can drive all the way to Lynn Haven, Fl onon thattank. My low level light comes onat 597 miles (2 miles from my Moms home}

Old 04-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

i've used this stuff in my dad's corolla
it does pretty well and stays clean for a long time (just like how any good oil and clean running engine should).
I dont know if it's good or bad, but i mean it works, and if you continue to change every 3-5k miles, you're set to go. i just wouldnt push the wal-mart stuff as far as i'd push the mobil 1 or castrol syntec type oils. thats just my opinion. But i mean for the price...its probably better than just using regular dino oil.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Thumbs up

I've used the 5w30 in my motorcycle for 50,000 miles and it runs like new.
I will be using it in my new camry.