Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Amazing Snow Tire, not an Ice Tire.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 06:46 AM
Default Amazing Snow Tire, not an Ice Tire.

Ok, So I watched the video, heard talk about "Ice", read about "Ice" and saw no ice whatsoever. I live in Lost Prairie Montana, and here we live with real ice covered roads. Smooth as glass, super slick, black ice and unforgiving ice. That tire would fare no better on true ice than any other tire. If you don't have actual, factual steel studs on your tires here, you're going to end up in the borrow pit along with everyone else driving studless tires, no matter what the brand or technology.

I leave Lost Prairie typically at 4am to head for town. When the right conditions cause true ice to be present on the valley floor and the highway, I always see at least a few cars off the road in the borrow pit in that 42 mile stretch of Highway 2.
New residents that moved in during the summer and fall seem to take a lot of convincing before they understand the value of a simple, studded tire.

It's apparently a great snow tire, but as pertains to true winter driving, snow is about the least of our worries here. I don't appreciate ads that say one thing and demonstrate another. Had they shown performance on black ice or top-melt ice, I'd have been impressed.

The not-so-humble view from NW Montana.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Talking

And.............. of course, I posted in the wrong forum.