Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Sell my Camry

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Default Sell my Camry

Hello guys ,.
I have a little over 85k miles on my 01 Camry. I want a Dodge Challenger. I have about $2k left on my car loan.
Should I sell the Camry and lease a new car while the Camry's still young and doesn't need any major repairs? It would be nice to not have a car payment but I don't want the Camry nickle/diming me later on.
Recycling Cars – What Can and Can’t Be Recycled?

Last edited by MuganEjaz; 12-21-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Can you do some or all of your own repairs making them a parts only cost?

How long to you plan to keep the Camry and/or Dodge?

Suggest doing research on how car leasing rates are actually calculated. The draw is a low monthly payment, the drawbacks can be up front and end of lease fees, taxes, charges, etc. A leasing dealer may focus only on the monthly payment and not total costs or what additional charges could be added. Including excess mileage if exceeding the specified amount, abnormal wear and tear, and damage.

Insurance and license tab fees may also increase over the Camry.

Check out prices at Edmonds.com based on condition and mileage. Nickle/dime repairs start around 120K miles. You might be able to drive another 35K miles before needing these then when selling the market price difference between 85 and 120K may not be that large.

Might be better to find a used Challenger with 30K miles that has depreciated, something that is incorporated into the cost of any lease payment. Then take out a loan.

Old 03-26-2019, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by MuganEjaz
Hello guys ,.
I have a little over 85k miles on my 01 Camry. I want a Dodge Challenger. I have about $2k left on my car loan.
Should I sell the Camry and lease a new car while the Camry's still young and doesn't need any major repairs? It would be nice to not have a car payment but I don't want the Camry nickle/diming me later on.
I don't think you'll have to do any major repairing. I would recommend to get an electric or hybrid car, a new one, but as loan. It will be cheaper to maintain this car in the future + you save money on gas. It is really up to you, from where to loan money. There are a few options how you can do it: bank, dealership or 3rd party financial companies. I personally decided to work with the last option, since they have clear contract and no hidden fees. As example, check this article https://plscashadvance.com/californi...cal-guide.html. It is showing that these 3rd party financial companies are even better than banks. Good luck friend!

Old 04-24-2019, 02:09 AM

It's your choice, good luck

Old 08-12-2019, 06:28 PM

Suggest doing research on how car leasing rates are actually calculated. The draw is a low monthly payment, the drawbacks can be up front and end of lease fees, taxes, charges, etc. A leasing dealer may focus only on the monthly payment and not total costs or what additional charges could be added. Including excess mileage if exceeding the specified amount, abnormal wear and tear, and damage.