PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

'97-'01 Camry parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 10:54 AM
Default '97-'01 Camry parts

First off, a story. A sad story.

A couple weeks ago my wife got rear-ended in our Camry, and the insurance company totaled my baby out. I loved this car, may she rest in peace. Isabelle was manufactured late '99, had a good life from her first owner, where the previous owner put only 97k miles in their 14 years of ownership. We've owned her for 7 years, saw her click over 100k and 200k miles. Isabelle was the first car my wife and I purchased together, all 3 of my kids rode first in this car after birth. My 2 oldest kids much preferred the car over our Tundra (youngest is only 3, so he doesn't care). My oldest son (child #2), was very attached to Isabelle. She had always been a Northwest Arkansas/Northeast Oklahoma car, originally sold in Bentonville, Arkansas, then purchased by us in Rogers, Arkansas. We now live outside Siloam Springs, Arkansas. Isabelle had gone to Oklahoma City countless times, Houston, Texas, Columbus, Georgia, Saint Louis, Missouri, Memphis, Tennesee, and Little Rock, Arkansas, just to name the longer drives, and that was with us. I've taken good care of her, even went out to purchase another '00 Camry to replace and upgrade the interior (Isabelle was the CE trim, and this other Camry was the LE). Isabelle was part of our family, we had a goal to see her get to 1 million, so saying goodbye to Isabelle was like saying goodbye to a family member, knowing we'd never see her again.

That being said...

Back in June I had purchased some parts to continue in my journey of keeping her live and well. Hadn't had the time to get to these, but the day my wife got into the accident was the day I was dedicating to do the work. Was also the final day (as I later learned) for the return for Rockauto. I paid around $230-ish after shipping, I'd be willing to sell the parts fro $200+shipping. As I was going through, I realized I had purchased 1 part wrong, and that would be the torque strut mount, it says it's for a manual transmission, and she was an automatic (but I don't see any difference, there may or may not be any difference, proceed with such caution). Engine was 5SFE, 2.2L 4-cylinder. These are the parts:
WIX Oil Filter (# 51394)
Fel-Pro Oil Pan Gasket (# OS30468C)
Mahle Timing Cover Gasket (# JV1137) (includes crankshaft seal, oil pump gasket, and oil pump gear gasket)
Westar Front and Rear motor mounts (# EM8795 & EM8796)
Westar Torque Strut Mount (# EM8200)
Westar Transmission Mount (# EM8979)
WIX Transmission Filter (# 58994)
Fel-Pro Camshaft Seal (# TCS45641)
Gates Timing Belt and Water Pump Component Kit (# TCKWP199BH)

I'll even throw in the repair manual, and a couple of Rockauto magnets. The manual is a little worn and used, cover is torn a little, might be some grease and oil stains on some of the pages, but perfectly usable. It is the Haynes variant.