Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Default 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Ok, I just bought an 07 with less than 9,000 miles on it, and it has a vibration.

I don't recall the vibration when I bought it, or I would've pointed it out and possibly looked for another vehicle.

It was originally pretty bad, at about 60mph, the steering wheel would actually bounce back and forth about 1/2 inch.

The dealership balanced the tires, and the vibration got better. It still had the vibration at about 60mph that was noticeable in your feet mostly, but could be felt in the steering wheel.

The dealership again balanced all 4 tires, and it seemed to be better again.

It started to feel more around a week later, at about 60mph again or faster.

The dealership now replaced the tires. Old ones were the Bridgestone, new ones are the Yoko tires. They also did a 4 wheel alignment.

The vibration is still there.

It still is mostly noticable in your feet, but you can feel it in the steering wheel, but I think it's more just traveling through the vehicle.

Also, I did note when driving, that I can watch the passenger seat bounce back and forth very quickly with the vibration.

I have attempted to determine if anything specific is causing this...

I turned left and right, put the car in neutral, stepped on the brakes and jumped on the gas.

The vibration is there no matter what.

It only seems to get worse as you speed up...

When I hit 75mph, you can really feel it in your feet.

The dealership is at a lose at this point. They wish for me to wait, maybe as long as several months, for the Toyota rep to come in and take a look at it.

So...any ideas?

I've been told, possible a brake rotor lost a weight.

I've also been told that it's possible a shock/strut has failed.

Anyone else having any issues similar to this?

I really love this car, and really just want this to get resolved.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Default RE: 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

I had something similar happen to me...I had a brake piston jam at about half depression. Of course this led to a LOT of heat build up around the tire and was spotted immediately...but check to see if you have a lot of excess heat around the tires.