Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Anyone Ever Try The Raybestos Advanced Technology Brake Linings And Rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Thumbs up Anyone Ever Try The Raybestos Advanced Technology Brake Linings And Rotors?

After putting 130,000+ total miles on the original rotors of my wife's Camry, and 74,000+ miles on the NAPA Safety Stop ceramic linings (that replaced the original factory linings), it was time for another brake job.

I decided to go the route of a set of ultra premium rotors and matching linings. I had done some extensive research on the Raybestos Police Patrol Car rotor and lining system, and given that to my brother-in-law who's the new Chief Of Police in a town that has 18 patrol cars. He now uses those linings and rotors and has been able to extend the life of service of those parts because of their incredible durability. That, in conjunction with the cost of fuel for vehicles, could mean the difference between keeping or cutting an officer when the bean counters in the town hall are talking about budget cuts. Right now, they're funding is in good shape because of the federal disaster funds. But, I digress.

The Raybestos Advanced Technology linings and rotors have decidedly been a great choice. Of course, there's very little mileage on them at this point; but, they stop very well even wet, and resist brake fade on long slow downs from high speeds off the interstate. The Camry OE rotors are the benchmark for most rotor manufacturers ultra premium lines; but, a quote for nearly $2,000 for a complete brake job from the Toyota dealership was a tad much (seeing as how it really didn't need calipers and hoses anyway).

So, I got the brakes I wanted (on sale) and a certified Toyota mechanic to do it right (one of my neighbors doing some work on the side), an internet business made a sale, PayPal got their cut, the wife saved about $1,600 which goes into our retirement fund, my 14 year old son should still have some great brake linings and rotors when he starts to drive in a year and a half, and a neighbor with three kids made some tax free money on the side. Everybody won that didn't try to win the 'profiteer of the year' award.

. . Falcon