Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Front wheel well area noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Default Front wheel well area noise

After I replaced my wheels and tires on my '07 Camry, I've heard a creaking noise everytime I slowly back out and turn from a parking lot, or even when I first go forward and turn. The Toyota dealer replaced the front left strut and bracing, but it is still there. They are saying it is my aftermarket wheels, claiming they swapped the wheel out for a stock one and that the sound immediately went a way. Could it be the plastic hubcentric rings that are in the wheels? It only does it on the left side, and just doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else have ideas? I've already been to the dealer 4 times, and my go back tomorrow, because after they replaced the strut, there is a small squeak in my steering. Could it be the steering linkage that is making all of the noise?

Old 09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Front wheel well area noise

Well my buddy and I did some investigation and found that it wasn't even from the wheel well. The dealer was wrong about it being my aftermarket wheels, which was a relief. Apparently, when they removed my front bumper to give me a new front headlight a week after buying the car, some bolt/nut had come loose and so there was a gap that was causing something in the bumper to flex. Good news is that they got the sound to disappear yesterday so I can enjoy my car and get it lowered as planned