ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

97 camry power loss gauges & windows

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Default 97 camry power loss gauges & windows

all started with rough idle and missing then codes 301/2/4 showed, so I replaced fuel filt, egr, plugs, wires, coil packs, tps, O2 sensor in exh manifold. I was able to drive but then it started having a shifting probem with 753 code. I then tested at the shift solinoid and it manually shifts ok. Now I have had alternator and battery replaced because the car shut off no power in battery, thinking maybe electrical may root cause, now the dash blows the 10 amp fuse and the regulator shorts out, and this happens when I shift the transmission manually. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?

Old 02-14-2023, 02:59 AM
Default 97 camry electrical and other problems

Originally Posted by tinkermt
all started with rough idle and missing then codes 301/2/4 showed, so I replaced fuel filt, egr, plugs, wires, coil packs, tps, O2 sensor in exh manifold. I was able to drive but then it started having a shifting probem with 753 code. I then tested at the shift solinoid and it manually shifts ok. Now I have had alternator and battery replaced because the car shut off no power in battery, thinking maybe electrical may root cause, now the dash blows the 10 amp fuse and the regulator shorts out, and this happens when I shift the transmission manually. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?
I'm having similiar problems. Engine runs great but no power in cabin at all. Headlights, horn and engine work and thats it! No gauges, blinkers, windshield wipers, radio, air, or anything. Did you ever find a fix. Please help, I need to get to work!

Old 02-14-2023, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Year of car?

Do the stop lights, Cig lighter ,

Check 40A AM1 fuse. There a window on the fuse to do this. Location may be in a fuse box behind ash tray/coin box on far drivers side of dash. This fuse bolts onto the fuse board and DOES NOT pull out. Need to access rear of board to remove.