Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

02 camry Bluetooth options?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Default 02 camry Bluetooth options?

Has anyone on here ever integrated Bluetooth into a stock 02 camry stereo? I've researched a couple kits

Toyota Scion Lexus 98-11 Bluetooth Hands Free Car Adapter Kit

AUX and iPhone Car Kit for Toyota Camry 2002-2004 | GTA Car Kits

I found a couple kits that I guess you can hook up to your stock stereo? It fools your stereo into thinking it's the cd player so when you go to cd mode, you're supposed to be able to wirelessly play music through your car speakers via bluetooth.
...which sounds good but I read somewhere that some of these are cheaply made and make for poor audio quality.

Has anyone had any experiences with these?

I know I can go with a whole new stereo but the I think the stock stereo looks nice. Classy. But I am open to ideas if there's some kind of awesome custom stereo head unit type stuff I don't know about.

Let me know thanks

Old 07-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Don't know.

This system appears hard wired to the radio. Another system broadcasts over the air and is picked up by the radio, this system may have the poor audio quality.

Try Toyotanation.com.

Make sure radio has a CD rear plug. Toyota used to stack the radio on top of CD player and plug one into other.

Toyota had several radio options. One with built-in amp and one with remote amp. Lexus and Scion may use a radio different then Camry. Make sure whatever you buy states it will work in your model car with your radio.

Old 07-04-2014, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

I've never heard of these kits but they are pretty neat, if they work.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:22 AM
Default BT to Aux

I'm debating the same thing. I just ordered a $5 Generic USB Bluetooth Music Audio Stereo Receiver to connect to my Aux Input. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm hoping my phone is smart enough to know to use the phone's microphone. My plan would be to hook the phone in visor or leave it on the dash depending on how well the phone picks up my voice. If I hook it to the visor, my battery will die quickly. Hooking it to the dash means I have to hit the mute button on the phone which can be problematic.

The more I think about it, I think getting a LG HBS-730 makes the most sense. I can use it anywhere. I don't have to have something plugged into my ear all the time. It has a great battery life. It is on your shoulders, so you don't notice the weight. It has a mute button. I can play the car radio in the car while I have a conversation. $50 seems pretty cheap compared to buying the radio adapter. I can leave the phone on my dash (running Waze).

I don't regret buy the $5 BT Receiver. It will allow me to play music from my phone through the car radio. Part of me wish I bought a car with built-in BT, but the LG BT Headset allows me to forgive myself.