DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2000 Solara Master Window Switch Testing

Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Default 2000 Solara Master Window Switch Testing

Hi, You might recognize me from my previous post on a 96 Camry. In addition the the Camry my family also own a 96 Previa (my driver) and a 2000 Solara (my younger daughter), a 94 Legend GS (my baby), and an 02 Accord. The problem du jour is the driver window does not go up and down on the Solara. When you push or pull up on the switch nothing happens. I hear no clicks or attempts at movement nor do the lights dim. I'd like to test the master switch before removing the door panel to check the motor. I have a meter and could test the switch if someone could supply the process and pinouts per the Solara manual. In surfing the issue it appears that the SW is far and away the most likely cause. I have the Toyota Manuals for the Previa and Camry but unfortunately the Solara Master Sw is totally different. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

AutoZone may have some wiring diagrams in the sites vehicle repair guides.

You can buy the info from Alldata.

If the other windows are working the master switch is receiving power.

For a Camry (almost a Solara suppose), the drivers door motor wire colors may be Red and Green.

Blue may be incoming DC power.

White/Black - ground.

Green/White and Red/Blue - front RH

Green/Yellow and Red/Yellow - rear LH

Green/Black and Red/Black - rear RH

Each passenger switch will also have a Blue wire running to it.