DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Backup camera with dynamic trajectory for 2011 Toyota Camry

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 03:34 PM
Default Backup camera with dynamic trajectory for 2011 Toyota Camry

I've been searching the internet to try and find a way to add a backup camera to a 2011 Toyota Camry that would provide dynamic trajectory lines when turning the wheel, but I keep coming up empty. I find plenty of "intelligent steering" backup cameras that give you fake trajectory lines they create by tracking camera motion, but what I really want is a camera that can either work with the canbus of a 2011 Toyota Camry to get the steering wheel information and display backu trajectory lines as the wheel is turned, or maybe a camera that can plug into the OBD2 connector to get the steering wheel information to dynamically curve the backup camera trajectory lines. About 6+ months ago AliExpress had a camera with trajectory lines that was listed to connect to the obd2 connector to get steering wheel information for the camera lines, but damned if I can find it anymore.

What I want to know more than anything is if anyone on this forum has ever heard of or tried to do this for an backup camera on an older model Camry (2011 or older). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TedBoe

Old 07-11-2023, 03:59 PM

Ok... I think I answered my own question. I found 1 such device at www.TadiBrothers.com. It looks like they are the only people on the internet selling such a product. A bit pricy but it looks like it will do what I want.

Parking Assist System with Moving Gridlines (OBD II) (tadibrothers.com)