DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

Fuel line replacement 1995 CamrY V6 LE 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Default Fuel line replacement 1995 CamrY V6 LE 3.0

Can find part number for fuel line along left drivers side.

Replaced brakes lines a while back and gas line was fine but pitted. Smelling a little gas now and stopped driving it.

I just need the oem or equivalent. I have looked all over. It is stainless steel and goes from in front of left rear tire to fuel filter. It runs right next to brake lines on the rail.

Last edited by wdc123; 12-08-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Can't find it.

Suggest calling a Toyota dealer to determine if the part was or is available then get a part number.

Dorman makes a lot of aftermarket lines.

Can also cut out the bad section and gap it with fuel hose.

Old 12-12-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Can't find it.

Suggest calling a Toyota dealer to determine if the part was or is available then get a part number.

Dorman makes a lot of aftermarket lines.

Can also cut out the bad section and gap it with fuel hose.

It has scattered tiny rust pits so when I smelled gas it could be from anywhere. Therefore just decided to change it.

However, I did just that. He gave me a diagram, ordered it and picked up next day. If you buy from a dealer sometimes shipping is very high since this comes as one piece and can't be bent like brake lines for shipping unless you have a local dealer. Sometimes the local dealers do not have the part and then you run into problems. In other words you can't pick up from a dealer in Ca and You are in Ga. Also it is not stainless steel but coated steel which is fine since it was about $50 dollars. Dorman is a good option also. Thank You.

I must share an example . Found the part online from a dealer at $50 dollars and looked for shipping cost at $176 dollars(out of state dealer). Wow!!

Old 12-15-2019, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by wdc123
It has scattered tiny rust pits so when I smelled gas it could be from anywhere. Therefore just decided to change it.

However, I did just that. He gave me a diagram, ordered it and picked up next day. If you buy from a dealer sometimes shipping is very high since this comes as one piece and can't be bent like brake lines for shipping unless you have a local dealer. Sometimes the local dealers do not have the part and then you run into problems. In other words you can't pick up from a dealer in Ca and You are in Ga. Also it is not stainless steel but coated steel which is fine since it was about $50 dollars. Dorman is a good option also. Thank You.

I must share an example . Found the part online from a dealer at $50 dollars and looked for shipping cost at $176 dollars(out of state dealer). Wow!!
I removed the line from the underside brackets. The disconnect from the fuel filter went well but rear I am putting PBBLASTER on it, Also the line started leaking as I tried to disconnect. Rust. Tank is at Empty so hopefully this is just fuel in line. Otherwise I will have to plug it up until reinstall.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:11 PM

I just removed the gas line from the car and broke it off at the opposite end near the left rear tire. This line was severely rusted there and where the leak was coming from.

Thought it would not stop but after 1/4 gallon of gas it did.

Easier to work on the rear fuel line now. Will give PB Blaster a few days.

Safety
Giving the garage time to air out and all rags, containers, etc. go outside for safety. When it gets really cold, gasoline evaporates slowly which is better. Now 32F hence why I like doing this work in the winter.
Gas has a flash point of -50 F , the temperature at which a particular organic compound (gas) gives off sufficient vapor to ignite in air. How much volume of air depends where you are working, temperature and other factors..

Old 12-25-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by wdc123
I just removed the gas line from the car and broke it off at the opposite end near the left rear tire. This line was severely rusted there and where the leak was coming from.

Thought it would not stop but after 1/4 gallon of gas it did.

Easier to work on the rear fuel line now. Will give PB Blaster a few days.

Safety
Giving the garage time to air out and all rags, containers, etc. go outside for safety. When it gets really cold, gasoline evaporates slowly which is better. Now 32F hence why I like doing this work in the winter.
Gas has a flash point of -50 F , the temperature at which a particular organic compound (gas) gives off sufficient vapor to ignite in air. How much volume of air depends where you are working, temperature and other factors..
Removed the connection in the rear w/o damage, The gas line like the old brakes lines I replaced appear fine but once you pull them out several spots just cracked. The new one was easy to get in except the front where its bends some.

No leaks, smell after a week. Putting on black covers next. I just have two more to do if needed. I think these are emission lines or return lines. So far there are fives lines from rear to front. 2 brake lines, 1 gas line and two other lines. What do you think? Schematic is not clear to help. Thanks.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

The fuel system has a fuel return pipe to the tank. The pump pushes fuel to the fuel rail, then what is not used is sent back to the tank.

The other pipe is for fuel emissions (vapors) and goes to the emissions canister in the engine compartment.

Old 01-01-2020, 10:51 PM

The other two lines are an emission line and fuel return line as you said. I know since when I put it all together after a while there was a leak in the return line. At the left rear tire where it turns to the pump.

It has a rubber fuel line going to it from the fuel return line rail to make the turn. However the elbow rusted and it took me a long time to safely cut off the rusted hose, It is now connected up no leaks, In summer I will partially drop the tank to fully fix. Surprisingly my tanks straps are good. Just some light sandblasting will help.
Replacing those other two lines ASAP.

Last edited by wdc123; 01-01-2020 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update!