ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.
View Poll Results: Is the quality of your Camry what was expected at time of purchase?
Better than expected
33.33%
As expected
33.33%
Poorer than expected
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2015, 02:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2006 keyless remote functions no longer work

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

DCR is in the pillar behind the center one on passenger side. The pillar coming up from the rear seat to roof.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:10 AM

Thanks for the feedback. So I am able to get two of the clips to the rear side panel to disengage from the car frame but the side curtain air bag is still engaged. Is this also push push clip mounted....?

Old 08-10-2014, 12:23 PM

does anyone know how to remove the cover so that i can get to the module? I am afraid of ruining the curtain air bag.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:43 AM

If you are asking about a Camry this is what I found with mine. There should be a button type of sort of in the middle. Pop it open with a screw driver. Inside there is a 10mm bolt. Just take that out. The front of the panel nearest the door is snuggled inside weatherstripping that runs along the door. It should just peel out with a flat head screw driver or putty knife. Pull out the front nearest the door and you may be able to see about five plastic tabs. Use a straight slotted pry bar and pop them out. Or just grab the thing and yank it out. You may break the tabs like I did but I bought new ones at the local car parts place. When you put it back in the bottom has slots so you have to slide them in the slots and push to the back. You'll see. I've had mine off a dozen times and even if you don't get all of the tabs back in, it won't flop around. The airbag is in a canister and it is attached to the body of the car, not the panel. I had a deer run into the over side rear quarter panel and it didn't engage. I had it checked out when I had the car repaired and they said that I'd have to hit the sensor with a sledge hammer to make it engage! I don't know if I would test it out that way but I had the same fear.

Old 06-10-2020, 11:27 AM

02 Camry. Lost the one and only key fob and key. Have another 02 with a fried motor. Can I switch the main computer/key and fob/steering wheel column key
tumblers from the NG Camry to the one with the lost key work? Does the main computer unit control the fob and key for engine starting?

Old 06-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Start by checking if the part numbers on the two computers are the same number.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Start by checking if the part numbers on the two computers are the same number.
And if they are, will switching the key tumblers and computer to the other car mean the key fob and key will follow?