ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Integration Relay

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, the car is a Europe model making the relay P/N's rare in the US.

Toyota Europe car dealers list the part at $350 plus.

The 82641-33090 appears to be for the same model and options. An internet search will also find this part.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
The name integration is termed because the relay integrates with more then one system. Like door locks, remote door lock, key/seat belt reminder, interior lights and moon roof.

The integration relay incorporates diodes, resistors, transistors and relays soldered to a circuit board. Toyota provides no service data or detailed schematic of the relay. This makes repairs difficult, most owners replace the relay if a problem.

What can cause a problem? The unit appears not to generally fail on its own but this is possible. Bad component, solder joint, etc. Other causes can be incorrect installation of remote door lock and alarm. Poor regrounding of wiring after chassis repairs, failing to disconnect battery when doing electrical work and jump starting engine with electrical components turned on.

As to what to do:

The interior lights receive power from the Dome fuse. This power goes first to the integration relay. Then via an incorporated bus to the vanity lights (do these work?) and Dome light. As you know, this light is always powered. The Dome switch connects the ground of the bulb socket to open, ground or the wiring going to the integration relay.

The wiring circuit going to the relay depends on if the dome light is "fade out" or not. Fade out is the light stays on, then turns off by itself.

If no fade out the wiring goes via another integration relay bus to the rear door switches. The door switches are normally open when door is closed (does the light work if rear doors are open).

The wiring to the front door switch wiring is more complicated routing through a diode before going to the switch. The diode isolates other attached circuits.

The fade out wiring incorporates into the integration relay circuitry. Alas the circuit diagram provided is not complete.

Might check the integration relay ground wire (white/black). The wire goes first to a splice box then ground, both located on the drivers side of the dash console.

Make sure the dome light has full battery voltage.

Where is the car located or originated from? The integration relay part number appears less common then others for same car and year.
Hello Toyomoho,
My name is Ruben Mendez and I have a 1998 Camry.
Let's get straight to the point. I was experiencing adding a new bulb to the passenger side. Well, I found that making the connection from the ignition cylinder bulb wiring was easier. Well, I did the test and it worked. The new LED went out Fade Out. All good.
When I finally went to complete the installation I heard a "click". Check the fuses but they were all good. The light dome turns on, the vanity light turns on well, except the Ignition Cylinder bulb. As a curiosity when I put a LED bulb it stays on and when I close the door and the locks are triggered this LED bulb lights more intentionally. But the conventional bulb does not light. does nothing.
What could it be?
Can I make an alternate connection to replace that branch of cables?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Old 01-26-2020, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

See other post.