ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Pairing New Phones To 2018 Camry ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 02:02 AM
Default Pairing New Phones To 2018 Camry ??

My wife and I just got new phones. We went from older, (5 year old), Motorola Moto-G's, to new 2020 Motorola Moto-E's. They both have the same phone number we had before. And they're from the same provider, (Consumer Cellular). Will I have to pair them as new phones? Or will the car recognize them? And if I have to re pair them, how do I erase the old phones from the vehicle, before I try to pair the new one's?

I should add I've had nothing but trouble with the whole Scout App / Toyota Entune deal from day one. I can't even use my navigation anymore, because our old phones wouldn't even download the new version of the Scout App. I just downloaded the new version of the Scout App into both of our new phones. They seemed to take it OK, without any issues. But I'm not sure where to go from here? Should I now download the Toyota Entune App? If so from where? Who has the latest version? (It seems like they come out with a new one every 15 minutes). The old Entune version wouldn't even run anymore in our old phones. It was worthless, as was the older Scout App.

I'm not very good at all of this. And when you couple it up to Toyota's crappy phone / Entune / Scout navigation system, it all becomes a major PITA. So I thought if you guys know any tricks that will save me from a bunch of aggravation, and having to sit in my car for 3 hours, while it idles while I try to figure all of this out, I would ask here first. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

"And when you couple it up to Toyota's crappy phone / Entune / Scout navigation system, it all becomes a major PITA".

Best response it to ask at websites specific to Entune.

Try the Entune forum at Toyotanation.com.

https://www.toyotanation.com/threads...#post-14007082

There is also an Entune website.

Toyota Entune Forum ? View forum - Toyota Entune Forum

Old 09-19-2020, 05:03 PM

I got it all figured out. And with no cussing and swearing if you can believe it! I was able to remove both of my old phones, and install my new ones. I also downloaded both the Scout GPS App, and the Toyota Entune 3.0 into both phones. Now my turn by turn navigation works like it used to in the Toyota. Albeit only if I hard wire the phone to the car via USB cable into the port on the dash. But that is the way Toyota designed it. At least in 2018. I can't say about the newer models.

I was able to do the same with my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I have both phones up and running on that vehicle as well. I didn't have to mess with the U-Connect navigation on that car, because it automatically boots up and runs as soon as it's started. It has nothing to do with the phones that are paired up with it..... The way Toyota should have designed theirs. Anyway it all went pretty painlessly.