Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

95 Camry Engine fan stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:32 AM
Default 95 Camry Engine fan stopped working

Greetings I am new member to Camry Forums.
Okay so my Camry goes nuts from time to time. Before, when I had my ignition on "ON" (before starting the car) the two cooling fans used to run. Then I started the car and continued which does not make sense because i thought My car was kept cool and I didn't have any overheating problems so i let it be. Then after 2 months, it didn't work at all, then it worked again (i know its crazy right?) But then I had a minor puncture on a hose which distributes coolant to the engine. if I remember correctly, its a big hose on one end it connected to the radiator cap which says do not open when hot and the other end is connected to the engine. Since the hose was punctured all the pressure thats supposed to remain inside was blowing out and evaporating into steam that reeked of coolant. Now, my fan was not working anymore at all even though my engine temperature went all the way into the red. So I quickly went to the shop and got that hose replaced (not a big deal). Told the mech about my fan and he said it was some sensor defect. He did something and then it worked again for another week then again it stopped working.

So I have the risk of overheating my engine on hot days as summer comes closer even thought coolant is being transfered in to the engine to cool it, the fan isnt working what should I do?

And one more thing, the temperature gauge on the instrument panel recently stopped working. it stays at cold all the time now and doesn't go up at all even though the engines hot. Now i have an even bigger problem because I cant tell when my engine is starting to overheat

Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

When engine type V6 or 4 cylinder?

Old 03-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by toyomoho
When engine type V6 or 4 cylinder?
Its a 4 cylinder.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

Suggest you visit the self help vehicle repair section at the Autozone website and find the info on this car. The site should have testing info on the various sensors.

The engine has 2 coolant sensors, one for the cars computer, the other goes to the temp gauge in the dash. The gauge sensor is located on a water manifold bolted the cylinder head. Follow the upper radiator hose to this manifold. The sensor would screw into the manifold and have 1 wire (yellow/Green).

The fan are controlled by a third coolant temp sensor on the radiator but should also go on with the A/C compressor turns on/off. Run the A/C and determine if the fans are turning on and off.

The radiator temp sensor is located on the bottom lower part of the radiator facing the engine. If you disconnect the plug from the sensor the fans should turn on when the engine is running.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:32 PM

Thanks appreciate the help.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:10 AM

The 5SFE has an electrical fan compared to the 3VZs anyway, so there's always a possibility of a dodgy connection there at the fans. Happened to me once... now I got a 3VZ :P

Old 05-01-2010, 08:09 AM

thanksss the best web to make more and more money www.wowlife.tk www.easymoneynow.tk

Old 05-02-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by whip_cracker
The 5SFE has an electrical fan compared to the 3VZs anyway, so there's always a possibility of a dodgy connection there at the fans. Happened to me once... now I got a 3VZ :P
Thanks for the suggestion whip_cracker!