Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Engine swapped, Cranks no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 08:18 AM
Default Engine swapped, Cranks no start

Hey all, have a 02 with the 2.4 and recently spun a bearing. I swapped in another motor however I can’t get it to turn over. I’ve had a lot goin on this last month so what should’ve been a quick swap has dragged out into a month long deal. That being said I have one ground cable that I have no recollection of what it connects too. It has a large ring terminal on one end and a female 1/4 terminal on the other. Somehow I disconnected it on both sides. I’m not sure if this would contribute to my problem but I think I got everything else figured out. I swapped everything over to the new motor except one below the intake plus new vvti and new crank sensor. I have fuel and I’m double checking spark next. I also swapped the coils and plugs over. Attached is the photo of the wire.

Old 06-17-2023, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Fuel as in the injectors work?

Assume the wire with the hoop bolts to the engine then plugs into another black wire that goes to chassis ground. Find the single black wire on the wiring harness and connect the hooped wire to it. Typically there is a dedicated bolt on the engine solely for a wire like this. If the engine has a stamped steel lift hook bolted to it, the ground wire bolt may attach to the hook. Also check for bolt threads on the side of the head for this bolt.