Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Hello everyone I want to do a tranny swap

Old 07-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Default Hello everyone I want to do a tranny swap

Well today is my first day lookin up info n the camry forums website.
Well the main reason was cause i want to beaf up the 2.4L engine in my camry and also make it into a manual transmission.
And so far on my reasearch I have done, it comes out that the Scion TCs have the same engine as my Camry is that correct. Correct me if I am wrong please? and also that most Scion TC perfromance parts are straigh bolt ons to my camrys engine.
So I believe the Scion TCs have a five speed tranny right shouldnt that five speed bolt on to my camry.
Please help me out in any way.
If i am wrong in anything or if i am right? And if it is possible to put that 5 speed tranny on my camry.
I have a 2004 camry LE, 2.4L vvt-i
Thanx In Advance

Old 07-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Default RE: Hello everyone I want to do a tranny swap

HEY MAN I HAV BEEN LOOKIN 4 CAMRY INTERNAL PERFORMANCE PARTS 2 GET MY RIDE READY 4 BOOST....IS DAT SCION TC THNG DAT U SAID TRUE??? I HOPE SO BC I THINK INSTAED OF LOOKIN UP A CAMRY I COULD LOOK UP THA TC N FIND ALOT MRE RITE??

Old 07-07-2008, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: S3XY

HEY MAN I HAV BEEN LOOKIN 4 CAMRY INTERNAL PERFORMANCE PARTS 2 GET MY RIDE READY 4 BOOST....IS DAT SCION TC THNG DAT U SAID TRUE??? I HOPE SO BC I THINK INSTAED OF LOOKIN UP A CAMRY I COULD LOOK UP THA TC N FIND ALOT MRE RITE??
Yea me too i want to do that also and put a 5 speed tranny.
well i checked both of our cars specs and checked the Tcs specs and we have the same engine the 2.4L vvt-i and googled images on the camrys and the TCs engine bays and the engine and components look exactly the same.
I hope so to i really want to make my camry fast and if the TC performance parts bolt on to our engine that would be so cool.
Well I am going to try putting on some headers for the TC on my camry to see if they fit or else i can just return em.
And if most of the TCs parts fit we might also have to do some customizing to make it work correctly, this is not 100% though.
Ill just try putting on the headers if it goes good then i guess its true that they r exactly the same

Old 07-07-2008, 08:48 PM

HEY WELL IF THEM HEADERS WORK DUDE LET ME KNOW...IHAVE GONE 2 EVERY WEBSITE N PLACE N TOWN AND CANT FIND ANY PERFORMANCE PARTS.... IM LOOKIN 4 FORGED PISTONS, FORGED VAVLES, CAM, CAM SHAFT, AND CONNECTING RODS ALL PERFORMANCE...IM GONA CHECK 2MRO 2 LOOK AT SUM Tc PARTS N SEE WAT I CAN FIND!!

Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 AM

ORIGINAL: S3XY

HEY WELL IF THEM HEADERS WORK DUDE LET ME KNOW...IHAVE GONE 2 EVERY WEBSITE N PLACE N TOWN AND CANT FIND ANY PERFORMANCE PARTS.... IM LOOKIN 4 FORGED PISTONS, FORGED VAVLES, CAM, CAM SHAFT, AND CONNECTING RODS ALL PERFORMANCE...IM GONA CHECK 2MRO 2 LOOK AT SUM Tc PARTS N SEE WAT I CAN FIND!!
alright ill try putting on the header from a TC if that works obviously all of the TC mods should work.
alright cool sounds good.
hey when u put boost on ur camry are u gonna leave it automatic

Old 06-28-2011, 02:18 AM
Default Camry engine internals

There is a web site called horse power freak and killer tc that have internals and turbo kits for the 2az-fe engine I'm not sure if they will fit but they should every spec matches up except the position of the motor mounts and we actually have more room in our engine bay then a tc. But check it out and if it works let me know.