General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Camry LE - Programming Key Fobs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Default 2006 Camry LE - Programming Key Fobs

Hi there,

I'm having a hell of a time programming key fobs that stopped working awhile ago.

Basically the fobs started working less and less often. After a certain point, they no longer worked.

I went through replaced batteries, purchased another fob, verified FCID codes to ensure it's all correct.

I followed the programming steps below:

With the driver side door unlocked and open slide the key in and out of the ignition twice without turning it. (Should be done within 5 seconds)

2. Close the driver side door and then reopen it, and then close and reopen it again.

3. Put your key in the ignition again and remove it.

4. Close the driver side door and then reopen it, and then close and reopen it again.

5. Put the key in the ignition and then close the door

6. Turn the key to the "On" position without cranking the car and then turn it back to the "Off" position and remove the key.
***If you are only adding an additional key fob to the vehicle turn the key to "On" position only once. If you are "Rewriting All Key Fobs" and clearing the memory, turn the key to "On" position twice and then remove the key

7. You should have heard the door locks cycle after you removed the key. This means the vehicle is in program mode.

** If the door locks did not cycle you will need to repeat steps 1-6 again, you should completed step 1 within 5 seconds.

8. To program the new Toyota Key fob hold the "Unlock" and "Lock" button on the key fob for two seconds and then release. Then press the "Lock" button for up to three seconds and release. The door should lock and unlock.

9. Unlock driver side door.

At the very end, I get the confirmation that the keyfob has been accepted (locks cycle once, for all key fobs) - but they just don't work afterwards.

Can anybody chime in to see what the issue might be? Opening closing the doors is getting old

Old 07-17-2015, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

If you doing everything right and the system works for a time, the issue might be the computer or receiver.