General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Camry won't start

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Default 2007 Camry won't start

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm used to working on VW's not Toyota's... My dad's 2007 Camry CE has a problem. It doesn't like to start, but it only happens every so often. The last time it happened was 2 years ago. The engine tries to crank, but won't actually start. When you turn the key to ON there is no whirring of the fuel pump like there should be, which leads me to think it's a bad pump. Is there a DIY pump replacement on here for a 6th gen? He also got t-boned a couple years ago in the front drivers side fender, where I'm assuming the wiring harness runs. He actually got hit twice within two weeks (Yay Upstate NY Winter). So those are the only two places I could think that would be causing a problem with the start. It starts usually if you spray some starter fluid into it, which makes me think the fuel pump doesn't like turning on initially...

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks,
Stefan

Old 12-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Fuel pump will only run if engine cranking over or running.

Pull rear seat cushion to reveal an oval access cover on chassis. Removing cover reveals the top of tank with fuel pump access.