General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

camry 92 lots of new parts STILL wont run need for wk commute HELP PLease

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Default camry 92 lots of new parts STILL wont run need for wk commute HELP PLease

Camry 92 Hestitant to start NEED HELP DEPENDS on it for work?
Ok, here is the deal my boyfriend depends on this car. He left it with a mechanic last week who hasnt had time to touch it yet. And he needs it for work. My idea is to see if I can get some advice and just get the car towed back to his house and try something. This is a complicated problem. He is pretty mechanical and cant get it to work.

Here goes,

Battery is good
New plugs and wires
New coil
Has spark/fuel
New fuel pump

You have to crank it a couple of times to start it sometimes. It is completely random. The button on seems to be turning (i remember him saying that> ??)

It doesnt want to run. He will be driving it (less than 40 minute commute and it will get to where it wont go over 20 mph with the pedal to the floor).
Then he can pull over let it rest and she will come back alive again enough to get him home.

I want to help him he actually put a part on my truck recently for me (crank sensor). He is a good mechanic...PLEASE serious answers only[/align]

Old 09-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Default RE: camry 92 lots of new parts STILL wont run need for wk commute HELP PLease

New o2 sensor as well. But no codes are thrown at all in diagnostics and also there is no check engine light.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Default RE: camry 92 lots of new parts STILL wont run need for wk commute HELP PLease

Not sure what you want for a serious answer. How do you know it is getting the proper amount of fuel at the right pressure? You said it's getting spark and fuel, other ingredients are air, timing and compression. If I said I think it's fuel does he have a fuel presssure gauge to check it on the side of the road when it won't run over 20? We could throw out suggestions but if he can't test anything we won't be much good.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 PM

I was going to show him the forum thread to give him ideas of what to test. I am not a mechanic just trying to help him. Sorry I had posted on "yahoo answers" as well. And you dont always get serious answers on there. I just copied in when I found the camry specific forum. I will see if he has a fuel guage and has tested it.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:05 PM

My suggestion might be a little off in left field, but it's worth throwing out there. My brother had a problem with his Catalytic Converter being clogged...actually the "bricks" in there broke off and jammed up and clogged it..anyways...it can cause some pretty bad driveability problems, but usually thats more of a constant problem, not intermitent.I've only dealth with a few of those and the few I dealt with didn't have problems starting..just with power and speed. Overall, this problem he's having could be a tricky one to diagnose. If you get any other details, post them and hopefully we can help.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:10 PM

sorry, late answer....try replacing the fuel filter or maybe the fuel injectors are plugged...goog luck