General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP 93 camry power surging ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Default HELP 93 camry power surging ?

Hey all. ok im going to do my best in describing my problem in hopes that someone out there can help me in fixing my car issue. i have a 93 v6 camry. ok so every once in a while my car will power surge and sometimes hesitate. it doesnt happen all the time maybe like once a week but anyways it only does it when you first start to accelerate. today my husband was messing around with it and just tapping on the gas pedal and letting up really quick and it would power surge and act up. also every once in a while it will idle low at about 500- 600. now other than that the car runs great. we do need a new o2 sensor so im not sure if that could be causing the power surging or not. we live on a very limited income and this is our only car so im desprate to get the problem fixed before it gets to big. also is it a possibility that the timing belt or accessory drive belt could be doing this? the only reason i ask about those two parts is we recently took it in for an oil change and they told us we needed to get those replaced. anyways help me !!!!!!!
thanks
-sara

Old 02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Default RE: HELP 93 camry power surging ?

I'm not sure I understand your description. Are you saying that you step on the gas and there is a lag or hesitation followed by a power surge? Or are you saying you are driving in a steady state andthe car just accelerateswithoutstepping on the gas? I doubt the O2 sensor would cause what you are describing. Are you in a position to do your own mechanical repairs? There seems to be a lot of posts about dirty throttle bodies on Camrys. As for the timing belt, how many miles are on the car and when was the last time/mileage you changed the timing belt?