General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIGHT FRT BRAKE LOCKS UP

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Default RIGHT FRT BRAKE LOCKS UP

I HAVE A 2004 CAMRY NON ABS, ONE DAY I PARKED ON A HILL FOR MAYBE 2 MINS. When i took of my rf brake was locked up, it sayed locked uo maybe 2 miles, then locked up again maybe 10mins later. ok so i replace rf caliper ,brake hose and rotors and pads. rf locks up again 2 days later, replaced the brake proportioning valve, rf locks up again 2 weeks later, parts replace caliper, rotor, pads and installes a master cylinder. locks up again 5 weeks later, any help????????? it will lock up for a while then release

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 AM
Default RE: RIGHT FRT BRAKE LOCKS UP

If possible I would try to determine if this isa hydraulic lock or mechanical lock. Is it possible that the next time this happens youjack the RF wheel off the ground, remove the wheel and release the bleeder screw to see if that immediately releases the brake? If so then at least you'll narrow down the search. If it does not release then look formechanical binding. You'll have to be careful because the brake will be hot. I once had a similar problem that turned out to be the caliper sliders. They need to have the air in themequalized on assembly by burping the rubber boots. You may have such a tight fit on the slider that it is sticking due to pressure inside it that cannot escape.