New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

93 Camry with 94 engine replacement-stalling

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Default 93 Camry with 94 engine replacement-stalling

Help..I'm not a mechanic...just need help from some of y'all that may have this problem...My daughter killed her 93 Camry , ran it out of oil..we replaced the engine with 94 engine...ran fine for a while, with the exception of a little hesitation at first.. She was driving, and it just started slowing down..press the accelerator and it just slows to about 5 mph..barely moving..had a weird smell... we let it sit for a few days, put a new fuel filter ..ran for the weekend, and then the same thing again..someone says possibly the catalytic converter....It's at the mechanic's again..He is having trouble finding the problem...any help would be appreciated..

Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by notamechanic
Help..I'm not a mechanic...just need help from some of y'all that may have this problem...My daughter killed her 93 Camry , ran it out of oil..we replaced the engine with 94 engine...ran fine for a while, with the exception of a little hesitation at first.. She was driving, and it just started slowing down..press the accelerator and it just slows to about 5 mph..barely moving..had a weird smell... we let it sit for a few days, put a new fuel filter ..ran for the weekend, and then the same thing again..someone says possibly the catalytic converter....It's at the mechanic's again..He is having trouble finding the problem...any help would be appreciated..
well if for instance the cat was plugged, it will not drive. i'd start by removing the muffler first though. if it runs fine after that, then it was a plugged muffler, just replace it. if it does not run, the remove the cat, and see how it runs. go from there.