New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

AC problem after getting a jump

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2020, 06:53 PM

Got my beloved Camry back today from the dealership. It's really nice to have cold AC again, despite the larger than normal bill.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

There some things to do when jump starting a car to prevent issues.

Ign off on both cars, connect the positive battery cable first.

Connect the negative cable to the boost battery. Then connect the other end of the negative cable to the dead batteries car engine block. There is typically a metal lift hook on the engine to aid in removing the engine.

Some state to then start the booster battery cars engine and let it charge the dead battery for a few minutes before starting engine. My two cents is to keep the booster battery engine off when attempting to start the dead battery car to reduce the possibility of electrical damage to the booster car.

When dead battery engine states remove negative battery connections first in reverse order.

Can mark the battery terminals locations with a bright colored metal marking pin as in + and --.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:08 AM

Thanks for the advice on getting a jump.

By the way, the dealership charged me $500 for labor and $273.25 for parts.

Old 07-21-2021, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by CamryNerd
Thanks for the advice on getting a jump.

By the way, the dealership charged me $500 for labor and $273.25 for parts.

Hi there, any chance you can tell me what toyota ended up doing with your vehicle to get a.c working again.? I have already replaced the blower motor, fuses, and the fusable link bc it was blown. But I am still not getting any moving through the vents. I was thinking maybe I fried the wires or something but I can't figure out what other parts I need to get it blowing again. I live in the armpit of California and we have had 100 plus degree weather for 28 days straight this summer ugh! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 07-21-2021, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Did you also jump the battery incorrectly?

Year of car?

Does the blower motor work?

Have you tried re-circulation mode?.

Old 07-21-2021, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Did you also jump the battery incorrectly?

Year of car?

Does the blower motor work?

Have you tried re-circulation mode?.
I was attempting to jump my battery with a jumper box. I hooked it up right to start with but when it failed to jump my car I thought maybe I hooked them up wrong . Well that was when I created a giant problem for myself. I switched the cables and screwed everything up. It out my car into limp mode blew the fusable link. I heard some sort of burning noise coming from the opposite side of the engine fuse box, so that's why I figured I should buy a new blower motor but after replacing that , the blown fusable link and replacing the blown fuses under the steering wheel oh, I also replaced a relay just in case but that didn't work either .. I figured I'd be good but I still get nothing when I attempt to turn on the a/c. All the lights work fine and I hear what sounds like the compressor engaging and expelling the freon but still nothing coming from the vents. That's why I was wondering if it is possible to burn up the wires that power the blower .could that be what I heard sizzling? Oh my camry is a 2011

Old 07-22-2021, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know. Reversing the battery connections can cause all sorts of problems and different from another reverse connection event.

Was blower motor on when the car was jumped?

Heater blower motor receives power from the HTR fuse. Blower motor is controlled by the A/C amplifier.

Check HTR, A/C No 2, Dome, Gauge No 2, MPX-8 fuses.