New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New member, help me please ;)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Default New member, help me please ;)

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I posted a question on another thread. But, I noticed that there is a lot of spam here. So I am thinking my question may not be seen, I will post here as well. Hope I dont **** anyone off .

Anyway I have a 2008 Camry SE, Black and sweet! I have a factory premium radio with Sirius. Here is the question I posted on the audio/video thread:

Hi all,

New to the forum. I came here because my dealer is not helping me with my Sirius issues. I keep losing reception, they replaced the INTERIOR antenna. Problem still persists. I ask for EXTERNAL antenna like those wings or squares on back of car roof. They say that the 2008 has a Sirius unit that only uses the internal antenna and they cannot put a different year Sirius unit in.

Ive driven my same daily route in different cars that have Sirius with external antenna and they never lose reception, or rarely!

Does anyone have a 2008 Camry with Factory Sirius with EXTERNAL antenna? Or are all 2008's equipped with only an internal Sirius antenna. Also, I do not have GPS.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than buying an aftermarket stereo with Sirius?

Thanks

Old 09-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Suggest you ask this question at the Toyotanation site. A lot more members, the site may also have a section just for stereos, radio issues.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 AM

I'm having the same problem. I also had a broadcast radio problem. When I put rear defroster on broadcast radio became all static. Sirius still worked, but still had many interruptions. They replaced rear window which fixed static issue, but Sirius issue still remains. When sid your problem start?