New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Stuck Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2019, 07:54 AM
Unhappy Stuck Sunroof

Hello everyone!

I am happy to be a part of this forum, I have seen a lot of great info on here and this made me want to join.
Last night I just purchased a 2005 Camry XLE and I noticed that the sunroof is stuck open on the tilt position.
I cannot get it to close, it seems stuck on one side causing only one side motor to work but when I click the tilt button both sides click.
All I am really trying to do is get the thing to close so I don't get water damage in the car. Please Help because everything that I have seen for this issue is not specific to my problem.

Thank you!

Old 11-28-2019, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

The sliding window can be troubling to work on unless having some service info.

The window uses two cables (one on each side of the track passenger and driver) which lead to a motor in front to move the cables. Could be one cable system has an issue, or perhaps something is stuck in the track.

Suggest you get specific info window as Toyota may have used several manufacturers each one slightly different.

Autozone has some repair info if you sign up (its free). Toyota has a pay site (below). For $20 can get access to shop manuals for 2 days and download all you want.

Review the info then take action.

If needing parts try Ebay first for used ones as the dealer is very expensive.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo....toyota.com%2F

Best to try to understand how the window works, then have at it. You should be able to manually move the window closed but need to remove motor first.