Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here.

2014.5 XLE smartkey, alarm, and NO flashing headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 12:22 AM
Default 2014.5 XLE smartkey, alarm, and NO flashing headlights

Hello,
I've noticed that the flashing light system has changed in past week when using Smartkey remote to lock or unlock car. It's nice to have the lights flash when looking for car in a lot.
But this past week, the car still locks/unlocks with remote, but NO flashing lights, or lights at all when locking and unlocking.
The only thing to note this week, my car battery died Thursday. (Got new battery, all good.) But even with the battery changed, the lights still don't flash even that lock/unlock with the remote does work.
Does anyone know if something can happen to change the system? If so, how to reverse or fix it?

I looked through manual and can't locate anything.
This keyless car is so computerized with so many electronics going on. So difficult to know all the settings.

(Please let me know too if this post should be in another Forum. Wasn't sure which one to place it in.)
Thank you!
Massachusetts

Last edited by massachusetts123; 03-04-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Would assume the battery issue reset the FOB system to a baseline setting. If in the future need to change the battery. There are devices that can be attached to the cars electrical system to keep its memory powered during the battery change.

Nothing in manual on FOB setting options? Some manuals now have this info. Otherwise the info appears available to the public on a word of mouth basis. The dealer of course can change the sittings for a price.

Best route is to search the internet for threads on this. Utube may have video's on this.

Could try Toyotanation.com in their Generation 7 Camry forum. If they don't know, who knows. The 2012-2014 years are the same generation (7). Thus assume the procedure would be the same.

With Smart Keys, keep the spare master key in a safe place! If you lose all master keys it may be very expensive to replace it.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:27 PM

Hello Toyo, Thank you for your reply. I imagine the battery had something to do with losing the lights flashing. And, that battery must have been dying slowly. There were other odd behaviors and little sounds from car starting few days prior.
Info is not in manual. I will try search online.
I appreciate all your info. And I've even learned the cost of those FOBs because I bought the car used and the auto place insisted it came with only one key. Probably an auction car. Yeah, hefty price. But I learned of the only key dealer in area that was able to set the key/FOB (I bought it online) and cut the insert key for less than toyota dealer asked.

Thanks again!