Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Solara Traction Control Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Default Solara Traction Control Messed Up

Hello,

I've got a 99 Toyota Solara with Traction Control. Recently I was driving in the rain and spun the tires from a stop, the Traction Control was on when I did this and the car jerked quite a bit and then continued to drive as normal.

When I parked the car I smelled something (burnt brakes) and didn't realize what it was right away, continued to drive the car and smelled the burnt brake smell for awhile. I figured something was rubbing somewhere and thought I'd get it fixed whenever. The Trac OFF light is on now and I am unable to turn traction control back on using the button.

Apparently something broke on the traction control because the brake is being pressed down pretty hard on the front driver's side. My rotor is warped due to the massive amount of heat that built up when I was driving to and from Chicago. The reason I think it is the brake is because my front driver's side rim gets REALLY hot, whereas the rest of the rims do not get that hot...they're warm but i can put my hand on them and not get burnt.

Does anyone have any clue as to what part I'll need to get from my description, also if anyone knows the cost to fix this type of problem, I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by KaiserSolara; 09-02-2009 at 07:39 PM.