DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

'93 wagon: rear window washer hose - how to access?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Default '93 wagon: rear window washer hose - how to access?

1993 Camry LE wagon 2.2: 335,000 miles.

Rear washer doesn't work. Swapping sides of the pump with rear/front hoses verifies that both sides of the pump are working. However, spraying compressed air gently through the hoses does not result in any air coming out of the rear nozzles, nor does compressed air coming back through the rear nozzles come out at the front. Nozzles are clear. I hear a rattling from the front passenger door sill when spraying air. The hose seems to be under a plastic square conduit just under the edge of the carpet. That's held on with brass clips that go under the carpet.

So I must have a leak (haven't seen any evidence of wet floor or dripping) or a clog. The Toyota shop manual addresses the pump and the wiper assembly but not the "plumbing" for the wagon.

Can anyone help? I don't want to have to pull the carpet out if I don't have to.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Also ask at the Toyotanation.com website in appropriate year/model section.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM

Thanks. I did ask at Toyotanation, and one of the members confirmed what I thought. Still wondering how to access it though.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Main wiring runs along the front and rear seat area down the drivers side of the car in the boxed section of the frame (what might be called the rocker panel area). Access requires removing the lower door trim and pulling back the carpet.

Once wiring hits rear wheel well it goes up over the well and stays at about the same height as it goes along the drivers side behind well then splits to go up to area of the rear door hinge along what would be considered the side edge of door jam and down below under the lower part of the door jam area.

Passenger side wiring goes along passenger side and stops at the rear ABS senor or rear door lock.

Suggest the hose may follow the wiring on one side or the other to get to upper part of the door hinge.