DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

What is the name of this support bracket for the front pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 09:15 PM
Default What is the name of this support bracket for the front pipe?

I have a 2006 Camry and had to saw off the bolt to get the bottom half of the clamp to come off to take off the old front pipe. Though it would be nice to reuse this, I can't get out the head of the bolt that is fused. I took a hammer and punch to it, but it didn't go anywhere (part of it was bad leverage from underneath the car). Any ideas to remove the head of the bolt. If I took out the two clean bolts from the support bracket, would anything leak out from them? (my guess is probably not - I just want to be sure). If I replace the bracket, what is its name such that I can order/buy it? Someone also suggested that I somehow jerryrig it, but how, and would it pass safety inspection?

Old 06-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Take the bracket off then work on the broken bolt on the bench. Nothing will leak out.

If you can't unscrew the broken portion out then drill it out and use a nut and bolt setup.

If wanting a new part, best to take the part to a Toyota dealer for lookup on their computer.

Old 06-21-2020, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the great ideas. I think I will take it out and grind off the head, then pop the remainder through with a hammer and a punch (if need be). My attempts to drill it got me nowhere.

So with a search of: mount clamp support camry 2006 exhaust
it got me really close to identifying the name and part number,
https://parts.toyota.com/p/Toyota_20...758428020.html
(the left image) but apparently all this part it is the underside clamp part which is not my issue.

If I am unable to get the remainder of the bolt out, I will get it replaced from the dealer. Thanks again for your help!