General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 toyota camry Intermittent A/c issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2023, 05:42 AM

yes pressure is fine and in spec when working correctly. and no i have not had a chance to spray it with water and check high side but i know the low side will come down so i can only assume high side comes down too saying the system will start to work. yesterday it was working while going down the road and it was almost 90 degree out. but as soon as we came to a stop it stopped working again and blew warm until i started going down the road again. i am really thinking about putting an extra fan on it to help push air passed the condensor. im not wondering if the replacement fan doesn't pull enough air though with the radiator being a little thicker than the factory one. or i have a short under the dash somewhere. if i can not get any ideas from this forum then ill probably add a pusher fan. if that doesn't fix it then ill change the transducer switch, and if that doesn't fix it then i will change the compressor. and if that does not fix it then the ****ing car wont have ac because at that point everything will be new in the system besides evaporator core

Old 07-19-2023, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

My two cents is the system is too low on refrigerant, there is a blockage in system or the compressor is bad. The compressor is supposed to be variable output and has a bypass solenoid between low and high side to balance demand. Does the system have a site glass to view the refrigerant for bubbles?

Might inquire at Toyotanation.com which is the largest Toyota forum. Assume the Camry AC is similar or same as other models.

There are dedicated automotive AC sites such as https://autoacforum.com/

One can lower cost compressor from Rockauto and perhaps Amazon.