General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

91 camry stalling problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Default 91 camry stalling problems

hi, i have a problem with my car and i cant figure it out ,....
i was driving it and the efi fuse blew under the hood so i fixed that and continued to drive it ,.......
so a day or so later i went out and started it and let it warm up so i got in and turned the ac on and it died and would not start back ,..and i didnt hear the fuel pump running ....
so i let it set a few hrs and i went and try ed it again and boom it started first try ,...i let it warm up and did the ac thing again and it died again so next time i started it with the ac on and it ran a while with the ac on and then all the sudden it just died ,.....
every time it dies the fuel pump wont run when i try to start it back up ,.............
so a few days go by and i started it again let it run with the ac on and it never dies so i kill the engine and try and restart it and there we go again it wont start and the fuel pump aint running so the next day i go out and try to start it and it wont start still ..so what could it be ?? the main relay (fuel pump relay)?? fuel pump its self ??? any help would be great thanks in advance

Old 04-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Smile Short Circuit

Sounds like a short somewhere.. Test the Fuel supply system for shorts.

Did the pump finally go out for good?

Maybe with the AC wiring checkit all starting from the AC Compressor to make sure it is not a bare wire randomly arcing.
Interesting that it starts back up after sitting without blowing a fuse?? or has it finally given out now and wont start.

I had a 30amp AM2 fuse (the one by the positive post on battery).

It kept blowing randomly and couldn't find the problem so I installed a (Self resetting) 30 amp Breaker and the problem went away.

Still better and safer to try to find problem first though

Hope this helps...