New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

In need of help

Old 11-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8
Default In need of help

Wow, first of all i want to say after going over some posts (and using these forums in the past to try to at-least know what to tell a mechanic) I am actually signing up, and posting.

Basically i have been having issues with my 95 camry wagon starting randomly. Well, my uncle (whos a mechanic) and 2 toyota mechanics have told me its the distributor and after browsing these forums, and google. . . I do believe that is what it is. Well, things are rough right now, it works most the time. . . so im having to wait on that. My new problem. . . is well i don't know anything about cars, and got a bit curious and wanted to try to do something myself. In the process, i brokw some sort of hose and have to get my wife and myself both to work tomarrow, and am flat out scarred to drive it. Can anyone here please tell me if this is something that is important that needs to be fixed soon (aka before I drive it again) or is it something I can throw some electric tape on and take to a real mechanic after I drop her off and get fixed for cheap?

Ok, For those of you who read and that and are saying "Ok, what is it" im going to try my best to describe it with hopefully an easy to find visual resource.
According to the Haynes Repair Manual (All i can find is the number 92006 in the top right corner) for 92's-96's on chapter 3-10 there is a picture (9.3a) that shows the coolant temp sending unit location on a 4-cylinder engine. Immediately to the right of it are 2 small hoses attached to the top at the end of the upper radiator hose. I accidentally broke the bottom hose looking around.

Problem is I cant have my uncle even take a look before we both have to go to work and things are so tight I can't really afford to get a taxi for both of us.

Can someone please help?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PTW
Posts: 11,738

See your other post.

As to the broken tube. One tube runs to the engine intake, which tube?

On the chance the broken tube is connected to the intake manifold plug it to prevent air from being drawn in as the engine runs.

If money is tight, glue the broken tube portion back on with epoxy. You want the glued joint to be air tight, keep this in mind. Once the glue is set. Apply additional glue to the joint area to build up it up for more support.

Once you plug the tube you can drive the car. Until the tube is repaired fuel tank emissions will not be drawn off to the engine. Although the tank has a vent in case of over pressure might release the gas cap a few times a day to relieve any pressure. This might not be required by why take a chance.
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
Engine & Internal
08-21-2012 07:33 AM
Engine & Internal
04-30-2009 12:52 PM
Audio/Visual Electronics
06-06-2006 01:51 PM
Engine & Internal
02-27-2006 03:00 AM
General Tech
08-21-2005 06:55 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In need of help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.