Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension
Print Wikipost

1995 Camry bushings and front suspention

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:24 PM
Default 1995 Camry bushings and front suspention

ok guys I am new on here. So maybe you can help me out. I am a subaru wrx owner.

So I get a call from my parrents. They ask if I can come work on there cars. One 94 4runner and 95 camry.

So on to the problem. They are having steering problems. So I figure control arm bushings one big and one small. Yet I wanted to see if you have any suggestions. As the small one looks hard to replace.

Next ball joints. Any suggestions or just standard ball joints and replacements?

Then I was looking into the steering rack bushings. I can't find any. Ok so are there any bushings on the steering rack. If so how hard to replace?

Last swaybar. So I found the center bushings. Yet I can't find anything on the endlinks. Or atleast that what us subaru guys call them. Where can I find them? Dealer said only with the swaybar?

Any other front bushings or stuff I should consider replacing in the front steering with 250k on the clock? Or did I cover it?

Same front steering problem on 94 4runner. If you have suggestions please let me know.

Thanx
Hybrid

Old 04-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 1995 Camry bushings and front suspention

Not up on Subaru thus can’t help.

What kind of steering problems, this would greatly aid in running down the area
The ball joints can be inspected using a pry bar and checking for play, these are bolted to the lower sway arm.

The suspension arm bushings can be inspected for deterioration and play while still on the car. You can either buy separate bushings or the complete arm with bushings.

The rack has internal bushings that guide the actual rack rod; to replace these requires removing the rack housing. The rack itself is bolted to the frame by 2 rack-housing brackets; each brackets has a rubber type grommet between the bracket and housing.

The sway bar should have a link going from the bar to the lower suspension arm

The upper shock/strut mounts can deteriorate over time, as they are rubber; inspect these by raising the hood and looking at the area where the strut rod bolts to the mount. The upper mounts also have bearings to allow the strut to rotate when steering. They can go bad and start making a mild popping noise as the steering wheel is turned.

Check the steering wheel shaft u-joints for play, noise and binding. You can see this area by looking under the hood beneath the power brake booster.

If the CV joints are original check these for noise by making left and right hand turns at around 20 mph, listen for popping noises. Check the CV joint boots for splitting.

Suggest if buying parts to try online sites such as www.rockauto.com. The site has a very good selection of quality parts at prices much cheaper then Toyota and most time even local parts stores.

If you are going to do major work suggest buying a Haynes service manual on this car for under $20.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Default RE: 1995 Camry bushings and front suspention

As far as steering goes for the camry, I recently had issues with my 94. The steering would kinda lock up, is that whats wrong? I heard replacing the ps fluid would possibly help, getting rid of anything that could be building up in the ps line.